Health, safety and environment policy statement
We are committed to protect the Health and Safety of our employees, our environment and a community at all times and under all circumstances.
Through the observance and encouragement of this policy, we are aiming at Hazard Free Operations (HFO) to achieve High-Quality Output (HQO).
In order to achieve this objective, we will identify Health, Safety and Environmental risks arising from our activities and reduce them to the lowest practical level.
Our goal is to minimize the impact on the environment and to prevent harm to our employees, our community and all others who could be affected. We will continue to take a proactive approach towards creating a safe work environment for all employees and will be providing safety training as and when required.
Our main Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Goals are to:
- Pursue the goal of no harm to Employees
- Protect the Environment
- Play a leading role in promoting best HSE Practice
- Manage HSE matters as any other critical business activity
- Minimize HSE Incidents and Events
We will provide appropriate training, equipment, information and resources and consult with employees to prevent or minimise risks. In this way, we aim to have an HSE Performance, which we can be proud of, to earn the confidence of the society, to be a good neighbour and to contribute to the development of the country.
Health & Safety
- We are committed to carrying out all our activities in a safe and healthy manner in all areas of operation.
- We will identify potential safety and health hazards and implement risk management procedures at all our offices, sites and operations.
- We actively encourage innovation and implementation of technologies and procedures to improve safety and health performance.
- We give due recognition to the international importance of sensitive and protected areas when selecting targets for mineral exploration.
- We are also committed to a programme of effective community engagement.
- We will optimise the resources we use and, wherever practicable, prevent negative impacts, including pollution. Wherever possible we will rehabilitate affected areas when negative impacts occur and aim to optimise any positive impacts.
Deccan Gold and Environment
Exploration activities generally cause little or no environmental damage. DGML is committed to follow the world’s best practices to preserve the environment when undertaking exploration activities.
DGML is committed to protecting the environment and maintaining an ecological balance in areas where it operates. The company has retained the services of Stuart Newton, an Australian horticulturalists, who has worked in different parts of the world advising various governments on the restoration of degraded forests and development of new species of trees.